Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 Quick Start Guide
Congratulations on choosing Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6!
Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 is your one-stop solution for PC Security and Performance. Based on #1 ranked BitDefender antivirus technology and IObit anti-malware engine, Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 incorporates top anti-virus capabilities, as well as the already proven comprehensive PC tune-up ability. With its unrivaled detection rate and highly-tuned performance, Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 ensures PC security and maintains maximum computer performance automatically.
This guide will help you be familiar with Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 rapidly.
Simplified Mode Screen
- Simplified Mode - It indicates you are using Simplified Mode now. There are two modes - Simplified Mode is for general users, while Expert Mode is for computer literate. To switch to Expert Mode, please select "Expert Mode" in the drop-down menu.
- Rescue - Where you can select a backup to restore if you want to undo any unwanted registry related changes made by ASC Ultimate 6. You can also rescue System and all Internet Boost changes there.
- Skin - Where we provide multiple skins for ASC Ultimate 6. You can choose your favorite.
- More Settings - Which provides links to Settings; Check for updates, User Manual, Technical Support, IObit Online and About.
- Latest News - It's located at the bottom left. Display the latest news, new program updates, or program promotions from IObit.
- Upgrade – Click Upgrade to enter your license code and get all functions or purchase a new license code online by clicking "Buy Now" button.
- Manage License - Click Manage License at the bottom right to view or manage your license.
- Virus Scan - Click on it to perform Full Scan of your computer.
- Fix Now - Fix Antivirus status problems automatically in one-click. Normally, Fix Now has the following three actions according to different Antivirus status:
- Turn on real-time protection;
- Update database to the latest;
- Turn on real-time protection and update database to the latest.
- We also provide Antivirus Right-click Scan. You can set it through More Settings -> Settings -> General Settings -> tick Antivirus Scan by ASC Ultimate 6 in Context Menu -> click Apply and OK. This option is ticked by default.
- During the scanning process, the scan window will display the scan status in real-time.
- Automatically repair - The detections will be fixed automatically if you tick this option.
- Shut down PC after repair - By ticking this option, it will fix the detections and then shut down the computer automatically.
- Right click on a detection to view the context menu where we provide three options:
- Add to Whitelist - By selecting this option, the detection will be ignored and ASC Ultimate 6 will not detect it as a threat any more until you delete it from the Antivirus Whitelist.
- Open file location - It will lead you to the folder where the threat is located.
- Export report - It will generate an ASC Ultimate 6 scan report for your reference later.
- SMART SCAN - By using IObit latest creative technology, SMART SCAN will automatically perform the most appropriate scan (Quick/Deep scan) according to the current PC performance to maintain and speed up your PC to its TOP performance.
- PC Health - Display your current computer performance (Good /Fair /Bad ). You can click the text "PC Health" or expression icon to view the last scan time and what ASC Ultimate 6 has done for your PC.
Quick Settings Screen
- We provide 11 quick settings for the most concerned functions: Security, Clean, Performance and Automatic. You can turn on/off a function quickly by clicking the "off"/"on" button next to it. At the bottom, Activate all functions link enables you to turn on all these features and All settings link goes to Settings screen.
- Items to be quickly scanned:
- Items to be deeply scanned:
Expert Mode Screen
- We provide three scan modes: Quick Scan, Full Scan and Custom Scan in Expert Mode. You can select the scan method you prefer.
- Real-time Protection - You can easily turn on/off Real-time Protection by clicking on the text or the button next to it.
- Windows Firewall - Click on the text or the button next to it will bring Windows Firewall window.
- Auto Silent Mode - Click on the button next to it to turn on/off Auto Silent Mode easily. You can also click the Auto Silent Mode text to open the Settings window for it.
- Settings - It will bring the Antivirus Settings window quickly. You can set the settings according to your needs.
- Log - It will open Log section in the Antivirus Settings window. You can view the saved logs or open log folder there.
- Quarantine - Click on the text will bring Quarantine Settings window.
- Update - It will update Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 to the latest version and the latest virus definitions with one-click.
- You can select/deselect all items by ticking the checkbox before "Select All" at the bottom left of Care screen. Or you can select/deselect each item according to your own preference by ticking the checkbox before each item.
- Click "SCAN" button to perform a customized scan to maintain and speed up your computer to its TOP performance.
- Click the drop-down menu next to "Automatically repair" to select an advanced scan method: Automatically repair and Shut down PC after repair.
- Click "Skip" button if you temporarily change your mind not to scan the current item.
- Click "Stop" button if you do not want to continue the scan. After you click this button, it will go back to Care screen.
- Click the item name under "Summary" to view the problems in detail.
- Untick the checkbox before the item name if you don't want to repair those problems.
- Click "Repair" button to fix those problems.
- Click "Back" button to go back to Care screen.
- Right click a problem to view the context menu. The context menu includes Select for fixing, Select/Deselect all, Invert selection, Ignore, Jump to location, Save Report.
- There are 25 smart and dedicated tools classified to the following groups: Clean, Optimize, Repair, Security, Control and Advanced. Some tools need to be downloaded before you use them for the first time.
Turbo Boost Screen
- Configure - We provide Work Mode and Game Mode. Work Mode will boost your computer for better work experience, while Game Mode can boost your computer much more deeply for gaming. Click "Next" button to follow the wizard to build your own Turbo Boost.
- Or quickly boost your PC by clicking dashboard on the main interface of Turbo Boost.
Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 includes all the features of Advanced SystemCare v6 PRO as well as antivirus feature. If you would like to learn more about the features, except the antivirus part, please kindly click here.
Online Support Center
Click here to go to IObit Support Center which is available online. An Internet connection is required to visit Online Support Center.
You can find Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6 End User License Agreement ("EULA") in the installation directory of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6. Usually the file is put in C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare Ultimate.
Copyright© 2005-2013 IObit. All rights reserved.