Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 Quick Start Guide
Congratulations on choosing Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7!
Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 is your one-stop solution for PC Security and Performance. Based on #1 ranked BitDefender antivirus technology and IObit anti-malware engine, Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 incorporates top anti-virus capabilities, as well as the already proven comprehensive PC tune-up ability. With its unrivaled detection rate and highly-tuned performance, Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 ensures PC security and maintains maximum computer performance automatically.
This guide will help you be familiar with Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 rapidly.
This is the screen you will get every time when you load Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7. And you will get familiar with this screen from top to bottom.
Icons on the top right:
- Like:Click this icon to share Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 with your friends via Facebook.
- Quick Settings:Click this icon to open the Quick Settings window.
- Rescue:Click this icon to open the Rescue Center.
- Skin:Click this icon to choose your favorite skin for ASC Ultimate 7.
- More Settings:Click this icon to view the dropdown menu including Settings, Check for updates, User Manual, Technical Support, IObit Online, Download IObit Freeware, and About.
Five tabs on the top:
These tabs are the main features provided by Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7.
- Antivirus:Give you three methods to scan for virus on your PC: Quick Scan, Full Scan, and Custom Scan.
- Care:Provide 12 features to help speed up and optimize your PC.
- Toolbox:Provide more than 30 tools for you to solve various PC problems.
- Turbo Boost:Help further boost the computer performance.
- Action Center:Enable you to operate other IObit products quickly.
- Details:By clicking this icon in the center of Antivirus tab, it will show you the status of Real-time Protection, Windows Firewall, and Auto Silent Mode, as well as give quick link to open Settings, Log, and Quarantine for the antivirus feature. Clicking on Hide will fold these details.
- Latest News:Displayed at the bottom left is the latest news, new program updates, or program promotions from IObit.
- Activate Now:Enter your license code to register the trial edition by clicking Already have a license code link or purchase a new license code online by clicking Activate Now button. After upgrading to the paid version, you can see Manage License link at the same position. You can click it to view/export/refresh your license. Click here to check the detailed instructions of how to upgrade/refresh license code.
Quick Settings Screen
We provide 13 quick settings for the most concerned functions: Security, Performance, Clean and Automatic. You can turn on/off a function by clicking the OFF/ON button next to it. At the bottom, Activate all functions link enables you to turn on all these features and All settings link goes to Settings screen.
Rescue Center Screen
- By clicking this icon on the top right of the Rescue Center window, it will open the screen for Logs & Backup in Settings.
- Rescue Registry:Here lists the changes made by Registry Fix and System Optimization. You can view the details by clicking View Details button and rescue the changes by clicking the Undo Changes button.
- Rescue Internet Boost:Here lists the changes made by Internet Boost. It helps you rescue all the changes made by Internet Boost.
- Rescue Registry Defrag:Here lists the changes made by Registry Defrag. It helps you rescue all the changes made by Registry Defrag.
- System Restore:Here you can view/remove the existing system restore points or create a new one.
User Interface Screen
You can open this window by clicking Skin icon on the top right of the main screen or selecting User Interface in Settings.
- General:Drag the slider to configure the Transparency and Click button next to Current Language to select your desired Language.
- Skin:Click button next to Current Skin to select your desired skin.
- PC Health Icon:Choose the icon you want to display for PC Health.
Select each of the options from the left panel to configure the corresponding settings to your preference.
- Click Quick Settings text link to open Quick Settings window.
- Click Recommended button to restore the default settings.
- Click OK button to save your configuration and close Settings screen.
- Click Cancel button to close the Settings screen without saving your configuration.
- Click Apply button to save your configuration and stay in the current screen.
Main Feature Screens
Fix Now: - Fix Antivirus status problems automatically with one click. Normally, Fix Now has the following three actions according to different Antivirus status:
- Turn on real-time protection;
- Update database to the latest;
- Turn on real-time protection and update database to the latest.
- Quick Scan:Scan your computer for virus quickly.
- Full Scan:Scan your computer thoroughly and completely.
- Custom Scan:Only scan the drive(s) you selected. Your inserted external drives will be displayed here by default.
We also provide Antivirus Right-click Scan. You can set it through More Settings -> Settings -> General Settings -> tick Antivirus Scan by ASC Ultimate in Context Menu -> click Apply and OK button. This option is ticked by default.
During the scanning process, the scan window will display the scan status in real-time.
- Automatically repair - The detections will be fixed automatically if you tick this option.
- Shut down PC: - By ticking this option, it will fix the detections and then shut down the computer automatically.
Right click on a detection to view the context menu where we provide three options:
- Add to Whitelist - By selecting this option, the detection will be ignored and ASC Ultimate 7 will not detect it as a threat any more until you delete it from the Antivirus Whitelist.
- Open file location - It will lead you to the folder where the threat is located.
- Export report - It will generate an ASC Ultimate 7 scan report for your reference later.
You can select/deselect all items by ticking/unticking the checkbox before Select All at the bottom left of Care screen. Or you can select/deselect each item by ticking/unticking the checkbox before it.
PC Health: Display your current computer performance (Good/Fair/Bad). You can click the text PC Health or expression icon to view the total number of problems that ASC Ultimate has fixed for your PC.
- Click SCAN button to scan the items you ticked to optimize your PC and ensure its TOP performance.
- Tick Automatically repair or Shut down PC to select an advanced scan method.
- Click Skip button if you change your mind not to scan the current item.
- Click Stop button if you do not want to continue the scan. After you click this button, it will go back to Care screen. All scanned results will be dropped.
During the scanning process, you can click the item that has already finished the scan to check problems found in this item. And in order to let you have a better estimate of how long the scan takes, there is a percentage number on the top right indicating the process of the scan.
After scan is finished, the Summary shows you the general scan results with total problems found and your PC status in the aspect of Security, Performance, and Stability.
- Click each item under Summary to view the problems in detail.
- Untick the checkbox before the item if you don't want to repair those problems.
- Click Repair button to fix problems selected.
- Click Back button to go back to Care screen without repairing the errors found.
In the scan results, some items provide a right-click menu for more options to meet your needs. You just need to right click on the result and it will show you the options.
We provide 32 useful tools including the new IObit Uninstaller 3, ManageMyMobile, Driver Booster, Homepage Protection, Start Menu 8 and Program Deactivator in Toolbox. Start Menu 8 will show up in Toolbox if you are a Windows 8 user. These tools are classified to 6 groups: Clean, Optimize, Repair, Security, Control and Advanced. Some tools need to be downloaded before you can use them for the first time.
Turbo Boost Screen
Configure:We provide Work Mode and Game Mode. Work Mode will boost your computer for better work experience while Game Mode can boost your computer much more deeply for gaming. Click Next button to follow the wizard to build your own Turbo Boost.
Or quickly boost your PC by clicking dashboard on the main interface of Turbo Boost.
Action Center Screen
Action Center enables you to operate other IObit products quickly. If the programs are not installed and/or outdated, clicking Fix all button will install and/or update them automatically. You can also install or update the programs individually by clicking Fix text link.
Online Support Center
Click here for detailed Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 Help, which is available online. Internet connection is required to visit Online Support Center.
You can find Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 End User License Agreement ("EULA") in the installation directory of Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7. Usually the file is put in C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7.
Copyright© 2005-2013 IObit. All rights reserved.